Next Milestone Achieved!

 This past month I presented and defended my research proposal to officially move onto becoming a Ph.D. Candidate! This is the second milestone doctoral students must achieve (first being passing an Oral Qualifying Exam over core curriculum) to be able to call themselves a candidate. The designation of candidacy indicates that a student has mastery of their subject of interest and designed a project that they are now focusing on and is assumed to only spend time in lab to accomplish what was proposed or attending conferences to present data and look for a postdoc position. 

I am beyond relieved and grateful to have made it to this point and am really looking forward to just dedicating my time to the lab!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Fellowship